Frequently Asked Questions

What are the letters behind your name?

I hold a Masters of Counselling Psychology: Art Therapy degree, hence the MCP-AT behind my name.

As a counselling art therapist, I am a member of these following professional associations:
RCC - Registered Clinical Counsellor of BC Association of Clinical Counsellors
CCC - Certified Canadian Counsellor of Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
BCATR - Registered Art Therapist* of BC Art Therapy Association

Members of professional associations have met the academic, clinical competence, and professional requirements for membership, and have voluntarily committed themselves to practice according to the ethical code of conduct and best practice guidelines of their association."

* working towards!


Confidentiality & Your Rights:

All interactions with our counselling services, including scheduling of or attendance at appointments, content of your sessions, progress in counselling, and your records are confidential. No record of counselling is contained in any academic, educational, or job placement file. You may request in writing that the counselling staff release specific information about your counselling to persons you designate.


Exceptions to Confidentiality:

This general requirement for counsellors to keep all information confidential is not absolute since disclosure may be required in any of the following circumstances:

1. When there is an imminent danger to an identifiable third party or to the self;
2. When a counsellor suspects abuse or neglect of a child;
3. When a disclosure is ordered by court;
4. When a client requests disclosure, or
5. When a client files a complaint or claims professional liability by the counsellor in a lawsuit.
6. Please note: if you use the internet to contact me I am unable to guarantee confidentiality.


What are your rates?

My rates are the recommended fee schedule by BCACC.
I do have a limited number of spots available at a sliding scale rate for those who need it. I also have special rates for students. Please inquire for more information.


Do you accept insurance/extended health care?

List of extended health care providers (EHCs) that cover the cost of counselling:

Pacific Blue Cross
Manulife Financial
SunLife Financial
Equitable Life
ihaveaplan and more

Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP)
assists victims/survivors, immediate family members and witnesses in coping with the effects of crime. CVAP provides financial benefits to help with financial losses and assist in recovery. Decipher Counselling Art Therapy Studio is an approved provider for providing counselling services. To enroll with Victim’s Assistance Services (call 604-660-3888 or toll free in BC at 1-866-660-3888).

Before booking an appointment, please check with your provider whether Registered Clinical Counsellors (RCC) are covered under your plan. If eligible for coverage, payment for sessions will be made by you.  After the session, I will provide you with a receipt that has all the information you need to receive reimbursement from your extended health or insurance provider for the session.  

Below is a list of common employers and universities in the metro Vancouver region offering extended health benefit plans that cover counselling and psychotherapy services: