Art Therapy + Counselling
What is art therapy?
Art Therapy is therapy beyond the arena of words.
You do not need to have ‘talent’ or have to be able to make a ‘perfect’ art piece. Art Therapy is not about the end product, what matters is the process. My clients learn that creative art making can help them express in a safe and fun way—that it is under their control—and that we often uncover meaningful insights from our creations.
Art Therapy synthesizes verbal and non-verbal communication. I find Art Therapy to be transformative and powerful for anyone who is open to communicating through not only talk therapy alone, as well as through other means of creative narrative-telling. When we begin opening to what creativity can bring into our self-discovery journey, the artwork will start revealing personal significance that connect with our lived experiences.
Some benefits of art therapy include:
• Development of self-awareness and personal growth
• Accessing individual creativity
• Exploring our inner world through endless possibilities
• Better expressing our thoughts and feelings
• Better coping with stress and life challenges
• Connecting and healing our inner child
• Caution: can be really fun!
"Would I need to create art during our counselling sessions?"